The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that offers a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills — up to $50 a month (or $75 if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands). If your income qualifies, you can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 for a computer or a tablet.
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household. The program starts on May 12, 2021 and ends when the fund runs out of money.
You qualify if:
– Your income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines
– Your household experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and your household income in 2020 was the same or less than $99,000 for single filers or $198,000 for joint filers
– You participate in any ONE of these government benefit programs:
– Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
– Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
– Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
– Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
– Free and Reduced Price School Lunch or Breakfast (2019-20 or 2020-21
– Federal Pell Grant (current award year)
To apply, go to https://getemergencybroadband.org/