Calling all artists… I just heard about this really cool art project using eco-themed art to communicate the importance of protecting our waterways here in Lafayette. The STORM DRAIN ART PROJECT from Lafayette Consolidated Government is a great chance for you to showcase your art, help beautify your city and raise environmental awareness.
- This project complements LCG’s existing campaigns and initiatives for cleanliness, beautification and education.
- Designs will be featured on storm drains in high-pedestrian areas: University of Louisiana at Lafayette (main campus), Pontiac Point, Oil Center, and Downtown.
- Paint provided to artists will be non-toxic.
- LCG and partners will assemble the panel choosing the designs
- LCG and partners will provide safety orientation. Safety supplies and signage will be provided for installation.
- Artists will receive a one-time $500 stipend to compensate artists for their work and to maintain the integrity of the project.