If you are rebuilding your home and life after the recent storms and find yourself in need of legal advice, there is help. Disaster Legal Services is offering legal assistance to low-income hurricane survivors for free. This service is available to anyone recovering from Louisiana’s recent disasters and cannot afford to hire a lawyer.
Disaster Legal Services have help Hurricane victims with a multitude of disaster related problems including:
- Insurance claims for doctor and hospital bills.
- Property loss and or death of a loved one
- Preparing a new will or other legal papers
- Assistance with home repair contracts and contractors
- Help with Landlord Problems
- Transferring Title to Property.
To verify if you reside in a disaster-declared parish, visit: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4570